This is a very special edition of 4th and Pain with Washington Redskins defensive end Adam Carriker and Chuck Carroll.
Adam was all too happy to share with Chuck some of what he takes to “get up” for workouts and game days.
Chuck was in desperate need of something to perk him up after essentially working at double shift before taping the show.
Here is the cocktail he was given (all which has been OK’d by the NFL).
There were some other offerings, which Chuck passed on fearing for his life.
As for whether Super Charge works . . . hands down it works like a champ! You’ll hear the effects in the show.On the wrestling side of things, their bread and butter, Adam and Chuck talk about what’s been going on in WWE.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder for John Cena and the WWE Universe. After a week off of Raw, the crowd absolutely went nuts when Cena opened the show and ate up his beat down on Michael Cole.
Other WWE topics:
- Adam’s comments about Mark Henry were heard by WWE. How awesome would it be if they got those two together in the ring?
- Vince McMahon is coming back!
- Sin Cara’s return was amazing! Who should he wrestle? A match against Rey Mysterio would be a dream match.
- What’s up with AJ? Does she have a thing for Kane?
- CM Punk and Daniel Bryan
- A former WWE wrestler and ECW original is a fan of the show
- Training camp moving to Richmond.
- What upgrades are needed at Redskins Park? What would Adam do if he were in charge of renovations? Chuck thinks 3-D technology in the film room would carry the Redskins to the Super Bowl.
- Would Adam be open to having training camp filmed on Hard Knocks?
- Chuck is a champion of Antwon Bailey. He’s starting the Antwon Bailey bandwagon because the world needs more short people doing big things!
Mailbag (Your questions):
- If Adam were a WWE wrestler, would he be the Undertaker’s son?
- If London Fletcher were a WWE wrestler, who would he be?
- Adam’s advice for young lifters.
- Who are Adam and Chuck’s favorite new wrestlers in WWE?
NEW SEGMENT ALERT
What Grinds My Gears?!
Adam and Chuck take a page from the Peter Griffin and Family Guy playbook to talk about pet peeves in life.
- High beams on the highway
- Rude and stupid drivers
- Annoying reporters
- Fans that throw drinks on players
- Songs that get stuck in your head (One Direction!!!!)
And of course at the end we find out how the Super Charge Challenge worked out for Chuck. A full recap and quick picks on the Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley boxing match.
SETTING UP THE SUPER CHARGE CHALLENGE
FIRST DOWN – WWE Chatter
SECOND DOWN – Redskins Chatter
THIRD DOWN – Mailbag
FOURTH DOWN – What Grinds My Gears?
BREAKDOWN – Coming Down From A Super Charge High
Lastly, please give what you can to help support Ashley Greene, who is a dear friend of a dear friend of the show, Chad Dukes. Ashley is battling a rare form of cancer and needs help raising funds for mounting medical costs. Here is a little about her cause.
The family and friends of Ashley Greene are uniting to raise money to help Ashley with her battle against Ciliary Body Melanoma.
On December 7, 2011 Ashley was diagnosed with Ciliary Body Melanoma. Ciliary Body Melanoma is a rare tumor that is found behind the iris diaphragm and is often discovered by a dark spot found in the eye. Once the Cancer was discovered Ashley started receiving treatment immediately at The Wills Eye Cancer Center in Philadelphia, PA. In February 2012, Ashley underwent radiation and in May 2012 we learned the radiation had ultimately killed the tumor. While her tumor is dead, Ashley is still in the fight of her life with this horrible Cancer.